DOB: November 20,1983
Kids: Two boys, Kai and Bane.
Why did I start professional boxing?
I love fighting, love the competition and testing myself. Through this sport I have learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. Competing in the ring is like therapy… it has made me a better person.
Now that I am a father, I love that my two boys can see me compete and see the work that goes into achieving a goal, the sacrifice and hard work that goes with it. Hardships and set backs will be a part of anything you set out to accomplish in life, be persistent, never give up, believe in yourself, surround yourself with like minded and positive people, there is no limit to what you can do. Even if you don’t attain a specific goal, learn and grow from the experience, the only time you fail is when you don’t try.
Professional boxing Coach Everton McEwen, Brock “The Highlander” Arthur and his dad, Mr. Steve Arthur…
Voted Best Personal Trainer in Ajax/Pickering in 2015 & 2016 in the Ajax/Pickering Readers Choice Awards and Best Fitness Instructor in Ajax/Pickering.
Brock’s Take On Personal Training / Online Coaching:
There are a variety of reasons for investing in Personal Training some may include:
- You Don’t Know Where to Start
- You want a customized program
- You’re Bored with the Same Old Workouts
- You Want to Learn How to Exercise on your Own
- You Have a Specific Illness, Injury or Condition
- You’re Training for a Sport or Event
With over a decade of coaching experience I can help you set a plan to achieve your goals. Over the years I have been fortunate enough to train many Provincial and National amateur boxing champions, I have worked with high-level amateur and professional athletes in a variety of sports. My qualifications include:
- Fitness and Nutrition Diploma
- Sports Administration Diploma
- Voted #1 Personal Trainer in Ajax/Pickering
- TBA Instructor Certification
- Canfitpro certified Personal Trainer
- Senior Fitness Certification
- Indoor Cycling Certification
- Children’s Fitness Coach Certificate
- Pre and Post Natal Fitness Certificate
- NCCP certified Boxing Coach
- CASK certified Kickboxing Coach
- Professional Boxer
- Former Professional Mixed Martial Artist
- Ultimate Generation Combat Veteran MMA
- Former Ultimate Generation Combat Light-Heavyweight Champion MMA
- Numerous top 3 finishes in various grappling and pankration tournaments throughout Ontario
Whether you are looking to lose weight, you want to compete in the ring or you are just looking for a new and exciting workout routine… I can help you add some punch to your workout!
Sarah (Brock’s wife), Shannice Szmidt (his student) and Brock during the professional debut of Shanice Szmidt on October 15 2016.